VPS – Food pantry, lunches, and support for students and families: https://vansd.org/
Health Care Authority – Coverage & FAQs: https://www.hca.wa.gov/information-about-novel-corona-virus-covid-19
PESB – Professional practices/certification: https://www.pesb.wa.gov/about-us/covid-19-resources
OSPI Guidance & Resources: https://www.k12.wa.us/about-ospi/press-releases/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-resources
OSPI 2020 Distance Learning Planning Guide and Resource Tools
OSPI 2020 Guidance on Inclusionary Practices During School Closures
OPSI 2020 Learning and Grading Guidance
OSPI 2020 Supporting Multilingual/English Language Learners During School Closures
Office of the Governor: https://www.governor.wa.gov/issues/issues/covid-19-resources
Career Connect is a public-partnership with industry leaders and professionals launched by Gov. Inslee to provide students across Washington an opportunity to explore options for their future. For a schedule and info on access to CareerConnect@home programs, visit www.careerconnectathome.org
Department of Retirement Services: https://www.drs.wa.gov/
VEA Members: You should be receiving COVID-19 updates via home email and text. Contact Cindy @ VEA if you are not receiving them. COVID-19 newsletters are posted under the “Newsletter” tab.
- Information for VPS Employees during the COVID-19 Closures Click Here
- VEA-VPS Certificated Evaluation Guide during COVID-19
- COVID Status in Absence Management System Clarification
Professional Development for Members:
- WEA Suggested On-line PD Options for Educators. Many are free. Note: this list will be updated so check it frequently Click Here
- PD Enroller offers low/no cost courses for educators.
- Climetime Webinar Schedule
- Courses on TPEP, STEM, and Inclusionary Practices. WEA Education Support Center will post new course offerings each Wednesday.
ALERT! Fraudulent Unemployment Claims – District Guidance.
Health and Wellness for Members:
- FREE Virtual Fitness Class Schedule – NW Personal Training
NEW!! Reopening Guidance for 20-21. VEA will enter negotiations with the district for parameters around next school year following the guidance from OSPI, DOH, L and I and the Governor. WEA has provided a FAQ document as a guide.
Governor Inslee’s Proclamation