The Vancouver Education Association is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director – Chief Administrative Officer. A detailed job description can be found via this link. This position is anticipated to begin August 1, 2021.
Click Here to access the Application Form
A completed VEA application is required. Applications should include all pertinent information which will be useful in determining the candidate’s qualifications for the position, and should minimally include:
- Cover Letter to include how you will support the mission of VEA as well as actions you have taken to support these values.
- Updated résumé reflecting qualifications for this position.
- Signed VEA application form that includes:
- A statement demonstrating history and/or experience working with communities of color and/or with historically underrepresented groups to enhance civil rights; experience with union activism and/or political engagement on behalf of civil rights issues.
- A list of three additional professional references (names, address, and phone).
- Two samples of applicant’s written communication skills (any documents are acceptable (e.g. letters, newsletters, flyers, event arbitration briefs, solely authored by the applicant); and
- Two written professional reference letters (at least one of these should be a letter from your current employer if possible).
Applications may be obtained via the VEA website (www.vancouverea.org), email firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting VEA at (360) 695-3397. The deadline for receipt of the application and requested supporting documents is on or before 5:00 PM on March 31, 2021.
The application and supporting documents may be submitted via e-mail, fax, or mail to:
Vancouver Education Association
2509 Broadway Street
Vancouver, WA 98663
The Vancouver Education Association is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the desire of the Vancouver Education Association to interview applicants from an applicant/interview pool that reflects the diversity of the greater community for each vacancy as it occurs.