VPS – Food pantry, lunches, and support for students and families: https://vansd.org/
Health Care Authority – Coverage & FAQs: https://www.hca.wa.gov/information-about-novel-corona-virus-covid-19
PESB – Professional practices/certification: https://www.pesb.wa.gov/about-us/covid-19-resources
OSPI 2020 Guidance on Inclusionary Practices During School Closures
OSPI 2020 Supporting Multilingual/English Language Learners During School Closures
Aug 7 OSPI 20-21 TPEP Guidance
Oct Revised TPEP Student Growth Goals
Office of the Governor: https://www.governor.wa.gov/issues/issues/covid-19-resources
Career Connect is a public-partnership with industry leaders and professionals launched by Gov. Inslee to provide students across Washington an opportunity to explore options for their future. For a schedule and info on access to CareerConnect@home programs, visit www.careerconnectathome.org
Department of Retirement Services: https://www.drs.wa.gov/
VEA Members: You should be receiving COVID-19 updates via home email and text. Contact Cindy @ VEA if you are not receiving them. COVID-19 newsletters are posted under the “Newsletter” tab.
VPS & Community Child Care Resources:
- Hudson’s Bay Early Learning Center. Priority for VPS employees & child care needs
- 28th Street ECE Center – School age child care program
- Distance Learning Day Camps
- Unionized Childcare Timeslots
Professional Development for Members:
- WEA Suggested On-line PD Options for Educators. Many are free. Note: this list will be updated so check it frequently Click Here
- PD Enroller offers low/no cost courses for educators.
- Climetime Webinar Schedule
- Courses on TPEP, STEM, and Inclusionary Practices. WEA Education Support Center will post new course offerings each Wednesday.
ALERT! Fraudulent Unemployment Claims – District Guidance.
Reopening Guidance for 20-21. VEA will continue advocacy following the guidance from WEA, OSPI, DOH, L and I and the Governor.
- OSPI Guidance
- WEA FAQs
- 10/28 Department of Health
- 10/27: Ventilation Guidance
- Labor and Industries
- Governor Inslee’s Proclamation
- UPDATE: 12/16 DOH Updated Guidance
- UPDATE: 12/16 DOH Tools to prepare for in-person instruction.
- UPDATE: 12/16: DOH School Testing Guidance
Cases in the community and Decision Tree for reopening:
- Governor’s Risk Assessment Dashboard by County. Open the summary tab to see cases per 100,000 and positivity rates.
- Aug 4: Department of Health Decision Tree for in person learning K-12 (see update Dec 16)
- Current COVID-19 cases: Clark County Public Health
- Oct 14: Clark County Public Health COVID cases in School Website
- NEW!! Updated Dec 16: Decision Tree for in person learning K-12
- NEW!! Governor Inslee Guidance for in person learning K-12
Returning to the worksite:
- Oct 1: L&I Health and Safety Guidance for Schools
- Oct 1: WEA interpretation of L&I Health and Safety Guidance
- Oct 1: Worksite Safety Checklist
- Oct 1: Addressing Workplace Concerns Guide
- Oct 5: Workplace Safety and Health Hazard Log
- Oct 15: WEA Q and A Regarding PPE
- Oct 26: Return for Kindergarten Students ESD112 Announcement